Pearl Beach is a tiny National Trust village where life with all its charm and friendliness has been preserved. Surrounded by Brisbane Water National Park, the lush green canopy sweeps down to the ocean, and meets the golden curve of one of New South Wales’ prettiest beaches. With less than 300 homes and development restrictions that prevent apartments and further commercial development, Pearl Beach will remain slow paced and uniquely relaxed. From the moment you start your descent into Pearl Beach you will feel your stress levels drop. The exceptional combination of beach and nature is unique, particularly so close to Sydney.
The lagoon is hidden among the trees at the northern end of the village but easily accessible for most. For the energetic, a walk up to the waterfall or through the National Park to Patonga is full of beauty and great exercise. There are also many other walks in the Brisbane Waters National Park as well as the Bouddi National Park within 15 minutes by car. For those who want a more relaxed holiday a stroll through the Arboretum, along the beach or past the rock-pool and around the headland for views towards Lion Island and Palm Beach might be more attractive. There is also a salt water pool, a bowling green and public tennis courts. The southern end of the beach (near Wallara) caters for those that prefer calm water, or the northern end has waves.
Just because you are out of the city doesn’t mean you will need to sacrifice any of your creature comforts. There is a well-stocked shop, a relaxed cafe that does excellent coffee as well as eat-in or take away food. There is also the highly regarded “Pearls on The Beach” restaurant which is fully licensed and sits on the edge of the sand with amazing ocean views.
If you wish to eat-in and make use of Wallara’s gourmet kitchen then there are is a Coles and a Woolworths supermarket, several bottle shops and a number of fresh seafood outlets just a 5 minute drive away in Umina. There is also a number of take away and home delivery options in both Umina and Woy Woy that will cater to most tastes.
- 30 seconds walk to the beach
- 15 seconds walk to the cafe and shop
- 30 second walk to Pearls on The Beach, one of the Central Coast’s finest restaurants
- 5 minute walk to the magical Arboretum walk
- 5 minute walk to the famous Pearl Beach to Patonga track
- 5 minute walk to the tennis courts
- 10 minute drive to beautiful Patonga with its fishing village vibe, art galleries and Hamptons style pub with sea side beer garden
- 10 minutes to a number of beautiful National Park walks of varying distances and difficulties
- 10 minutes to Brisbane Waters for boating and fishing
- 15 minutes to surf beach at Kilcare
- 15 minutes to Bells, another of the finest restaurants on the Central Coast
- 20 minutes to Terrigal and the shopping at Erina Fair
Activities close by:
- Whale watching
- Great surf beaches
- National Parks
- Horse riding
- Deep sea fishing
- Gourmet restaurants